Sunday, September 24, 2006

Introduction


Ah, the infamous "intro page" the one that turns anoyomous strangers into familiar friends.....might as well get it over with... sigh. My name is Elgin and I am a professionalcaricature entertainer in NOO Yawk City. NO! I'm not one of the guys you see on 42nd street, although, I've done that too.... I do corporate caricature for parties, fundraisers and special events, as well as party caricature for mom and pop events, weddings, birthdays, and more Bat Bar Mitzvahs than the average Rabbi. I dubbed myself, "subwaysurfer" because that's how I get to most of my gigs here in NYC. The MTA, The LIRR, Metronorth Railroad, or NJ Transit gets me where I need to go. An average ride is 2 hrs, and like a professional athlete who warms up before an event, I warm up before my events by drawing unsuspecting passengers. It's great fun! and also...a little dangerous! keep posted as I post my adventures from time to time.
In addition to caricature I also do storyboarding, cartooning, and character design all of which will be seen here for as long as I feel like posting, and as long as you're not bored tuning in. SO.....without further delay, here's what's in my sketchbook...

1 comment:

Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling said...

You may have also noticed that I'm a terrible speller! DAMN that spellcheck!