Thursday, July 24, 2008

Subway Caricature of man who looks like moby dick by subwaysurfer



Theres something in the construction of this guys face that was sort of "whale like". I nick named him "Moby Dick " as I drew him It helps to do that to sometimes get in the right comic mood. I also colored this on the train using a new method for laying down color that I recently learned from Chris Collins. The result looks more life like in my opinion.

But the color combination ...it does look kinda like....raw meat.

4 comments:

Sean (53AN) Gardner said...

Seriously dude, this one's Out the PARK!! well done my friend!!!!!!! well done indeed

Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling said...

Wow Sean, thanks!!! great to get a review so soon! after reading your post on your coloring technique, I knew that i was lagging behind in that area. And dont just thank ME, thank the Butt Ugly People who ride the New York Mass Transit System on a daily basis!

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

That's a great one- I like the movement in it especially; it really moves your eye around the page. It's a good design. Good coloring, too.

Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling said...

I didnt think of the design element initially, but youre right, its pretty good. I believe youve just jumpstarted me on how to think about putting together a face. I very rarely even think about it from a design aspect at all.