Wednesday, July 28, 2010

ALL GIANTS FALL By Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling

ALL GIANTS FALL
BY ELGIN SUBWAYSURFER BOLLING

So, they’re saying I can no longer draw on the street?
How do they suggest I eat?
Fat Cat Politician there, is sitting in MY seat
Thinking he’s got me beat.

But I aint WEAK
I refuse to RETREAT
I can take the HEAT
You give me a napkin,
I’ll transform it into a SHEET

Hand me a lemon,
And I’ll make it SWEET.
Holding me down
Only causes me to LEAP
Up high in the air
I always land on my FEET

You say the water’s shallow?
But I say it’s DEEP

My eyes are wide open,
I’m refusing to SLEEP
Whatever you sow, ya know
That you will REAP

Since this is a game
Then I’m playin’ for KEEPS

You may be a wolf
But I’m an intelligent SHEEP.
Whom you cannot DEFEAT
I refuse, and don’t choose to be BEAT.
For ALL GIANTS FALL
They all land at my FEET.

And now this poem’s finished.
Oh yeah, it’s COMPLETE.

COPYRIGHT 2010 ELGIN BOLLING

No comments: