Thursday, October 07, 2010

Why I'm a Cartoonist Part 1 of 4 Check Out JEFF TAYLOR by Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling



Ran Across Jeff Taylor while surfing aimlessly on Youtube and was intrigued by the title, WHY I'M A CARTOONIST. I was initially prepared to hear some big shot, or big shot wanna be cartoonist pontificating on how he's great, blah blah blah....instead, what I heard was a very very initiate, highly personal account of one man's journey to define himself as a person and as an artist. His account was riveting and compelling in it's honesty and transparency. Jeff "lays it out there on the line" and holds nothing back in the interview. It's so honest and personal you want to turn away. It's like you're in a confessional booth taking on the role of priest, or sitting across the table with a good friend who sharing with you his life and his dreams. I found a lot of parallels in Jeffs journey as an artist and a person with my own life and it caused me to reminisce and be glad and sad at the same time. In the end, I ended up becoming a subscriber to his channel, and even uploaded a view vids to his channel, not so much as a marketing ploy. but as a form of sharing and appreciation. I hope he shares and posts them.

This is part one of a series of four vids that I HIGHLY encourage you to check out on youtube back to back when you get a chance so that you will get the full emotional impact of who Jeff Taylor is. Believe me, he wants you to know, and you'll be glad you did.

No comments: