Friday, October 12, 2007

The surfer meets ... a surfer



I was feeling miserable, fighting the flu , and talking the subway gods for granting me a seat on a Brooklyn Bound number 6 train. I was just about to doze off when I spotted him. He looked magnificent. An older Asian gentlemen who carried himself with elegance and grace, and was chatting with a woman directly across from me. He was a bronze color as if he just left the beach had thinning gray hair neatly combed back, and had a silver mustache the covered his mouth. He looked almost regal and I quickly got out my sketchpad, and starting drawing. He looked up from his conversation in my direction and smiled. I confessed that i was drawing him, and to my surprise he seemed flattered, and positioned himself so I could get a better look. I found out from his traveling companion that he used to be a surfer, which explained his athletic appearance. I gave him a flyer and told him that I would post his picture on my blog on Friday and to be on the lookout for it.
I hope he's reading this now.