Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mom... the strange man is drawing me....


This kids face said it all, and I was really lucky his mom didnt take offense! LOL! The kid would look up periodically from his book and catch me staring at him. Usually when i do my subway sketching I try my best to do it on the sneak so that people are natural and dont "pose" or look away. Most people are off in their own world or oblivious. Children, I find seem to have this 6th sense when they're being watched, and this guy's 6th sense was working overtime. I had invested too much time to stop though.

1 comment:

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

That's a good one, Elgin. I know what you mean about trying to sneak a look- I usually don't feel confident enough unless they are reading, sleeping, or facing the other way (like on the N or R), so I can do a profile. I had a guy catch me once, and he was not happy; he was sleeping at first, but then woke up to give me an angry glare...