Monday, January 14, 2008

work dat body





A lot of these subwaysketches become full out character designs once I add bodies to em. I loved drawing the lady with the big lungs. She sat across from me on the #22 Far Rockaway bus, and her chest was so tremedous I sweat it was down to her knees. I just left a yoga class where the teacher was farting up a storm everytime she bent over. I imagined this lady doing the same...
The old dude in the checkered cap reminded me of one of those old skool wiseguys from Canarse.. HEY! Fergettaboutit!.... I swear the A train was leaning along with this guy who was holding the pole that day . He had to weigh at least 300 pounds.
The guy with the baseball was in a sporting goods store boring the cashier to death with stories about little leaque baseball.

No comments: