Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Subwaysurfer looks at animator BILL PLIMPTON








Bill Plimtpon, one of my animation heores recently was a guest speaker at the ISCA convention in Las Vegas that I unfortunatley could not attend this year... again... sigh.... After checking his website I was horrified to diecover that I COULD HAVE SEEN HIM IN BRONX VILLE NY!!!! just yesterday on NOV 15. This interview is a sad replacement for seeing him live, but I still wanted to air it for your viewing pleasure and mine.

BIll is a true master of the craft who does his stuff painstakingly by hand, in a sketchy style that is uniquely his. I admire the man's vision and his work ethic. He is a true inspiration to all those who have a dream and are willing to put in the WORK to follow it. A wise man was quoted to have said, DREAMS COME TRUE WHEN THE DREAMING Part Stops!! Plimpton epitomizes that though.

No comments: