Friday, June 13, 2008

Spotlight on Steckley!






One of the greatest things about my job is that ot only do I have fun everytime I go to work, but that I get to see some of my favorite artists, like Ed Steckley, here, do their stuff. Ed and I worked the same gig recently at the M&M's headquarters on W 49th street and Broadway this week. At the end of the gig I managed to snap off a few shots of Steckley slamming his last victim of the day. Ed drew with such speed ad cofidence that I barely had time to catch everything on film without interrupting his flow. Ed draws with the rattiest looking pencil imaginable! LOL its literally wrapped up in rubberbands and tape which just goes to prove it aint the tool, its the ARTIST! As Ive mentioned in other places in this blog, Ed is instrumental, along with Kenly Dillard for getting me inspired to draw the great pencil sketches you've come to know and love here on the surfer blogsite.


Steckley can be found HERE;
http://www.edsteckley.com/

No comments: