Saturday, July 26, 2008

Scribble scrabble ... or one man's mess is another man's gold...



The NCN is about to have their annual Convention, and Im sorry not to be attending this year. With two kids in college the financial burden is just to great this time to justify it.... sigh.....
One of the things I will miss the most is throlling threw the garbage to get the discarded scribbles of fellow artists to get an idea of what they were thinking when developing a drawing.
A scribble can tell you a LOT abotu how an artist breaks down the features of a particular subject, and Im always fascinated by the various approaches. I dug these two gems out of the trash last year after the "speed competition" where we all are given permission to scribble out recognizable caricatures in seconds. I put "flesh " on these scribbles although I dotn know who they are supposed to be anyone know?

1 comment:

Sean (53AN) Gardner said...

Not sure who they're supposed to be, but there great sketches non the less, especially if they're supposed to be from the speed competition. Sorry to hear you wont be making it out to the convention this year. My buddy Alberto and I are planning to make the voyage this year, sad to hear it wont be the place we end up meeting, but I'm sure there will another time in place for that.