Monday, March 30, 2009

Interview tips cartoon number one A FIRM HANDSHAKE


I was aimlessly watching The Cable TV and came across an infomercial this British fellow had on where he was teaching a seminar to young professionals entering the workforce on how to make a good impression. There was no new information, and i was surprised he was actually repeating some of the same old stuff that I've heard ever since I was a kid. "Get a haircut," "look your employer in the eye""speak in a clear confident voice" Gee, I thought are young people so dense they dont KNOW these things???? then he got to the age old sage advice of "greet your employer with a firm, confident handshake to show him you mean business" Once i heard that, my cartoon-mad mind kicked in and i instantly had this visual pun. The presenter actually helped it along because he was a MASSIVE bear of a man himself.He was well ober six feet, built like a linebacker for the Pittsburg Steelers, and had this curly shock of dark hair on top, cropped short on the sides and a five o clock shadow. I imagined that one of HIS frim handshakes must literally crush to powder the hand of an average man, and i'd love to be a fly on the wall to witness one of his interviews. I'll color this in later and maybe do more cartoons on this Interview series.

No comments: